A baked rice pudding recipe
Whittney Hoote is just one of several students from Carson High School who competed in the Carson High Dairy Recipe Contest. The judges, all members of the Carson Area Coalition on Obesity, spent at least two hours tasting and judging recipes and quizzing students on their concoctions. Whittney took first-place for the nonfat milk recipe for 12th graders.
Baked Rice Pudding
3 cups cooked rice (white short-grain)
3 cups evaporated skim milk
1Ú3 cup raisins
3 T. sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, combine rice, milk, raisins, sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Put into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick spray.
4. Bake 30 minutes. Stir and bake 30 minutes longer.
5. Let stand until desired thickness.
Yields: 6 servings