An out-of-the-ordinary, special Christmas gift |

An out-of-the-ordinary, special Christmas gift

By Don Quilici

Are you frantically looking for a last minute, out-of-the ordinary, special Christmas gift for that special fisherman or fisher woman in your life?

Well, how about giving him/her a 2005 California Non-Resident fishing license, complete with a second-rod stamp?

It’s easy to do and you can do it over the telephone.

Here’s how in three very easy and quick steps:

1. Dial (916) 227-2245 in Sacramento, Calif.

That is the telephone number of the License Revenue Branch of the Calif. Dept. of Fish and Game.

2. Give them the recipient’s full name and a mailing address.

3. Finally, give them your credit card number information.

That’s all you need to do.

Then, they will take care of the rest, including mailing the license back to you in a gift envelope.

That envelope is the perfect size for either a stocking stuffer or hanging on the Christmas tree or for simply handing to your favorite fishing buddy (male or female) when they are busy opening presents.

To insure delivery before Dec. 25, be sure to order it as soon as possible. Do it today!

More importantly, while you’re at it, go ahead and order your own fishing license for next year.

When you receive that license in the mail, you will also receive a detachable receipt. Remove the receipt and keep it in a safe place.

If your fishing license should become lost or if it is destroyed, you can purchase a duplicate fishing license at any California Department of Fish and Game office or any license agent outlet.

You do it by surrendering the receipt and paying a modest fee.

n A California annual Non-Resident fishing license will cost you $89.50 for 2005.

n A California 10-day (10 consecutive days) Non-Resident license is $33.35.

n A California second rod stamp is $10.25. That stamp allows you to fish with two poles, during the upcoming 2005 California fishing year.

Order that California fishing license and a second-rod stamp today and pleasantly surprise that special person on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

It will make a great present!

Call the License Revenue Branch of the Calif. Dept. of Fish and Game at (916) 227-2245.

Or, if you prefer to purchase that license in person, you can do so at any number of nearby locations, including the Woodfords General Store in Woodfords, Calif.

Editor’s Note: I bought my 2005 annual fishing license and second rod stamp at the Woodfords General Store on Tuesday.