6th Annual Pie to the Rescue to feed hungry families in Carson City
November 7, 2016
Dozens of Northern Nevada's best chefs are donating their time and talent to bake Thanksgiving pies in support of the 6th Annual Pie to the Rescue, a campaign that helps feed needy families during the holidays.
Choose from three pie flavors — pumpkin, pecan or apple — and place your order with participating restaurants. Then pick up your pies from 4 to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23, at the Northern Nevada Dream Center, 1600 Snyder Ave.
Participating restaurants include: Adele's, Bodines, Comma Coffee, Firkin & Fox, Flight Restaurant & Bar, Glen Eagles, L.A. Bakery, Mystique Restaurant & Bar, Sassafras, The Ristorante & Bar, Villa Basque Deli and Z Bistro.
Pies cost $20 each. The deadline to order is Nov. 20. All proceeds benefit the Northern Nevada Dream Center Reach the Hungry program.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget