Annual interfaith picnic returning to Carson City Sept. 3
August 23, 2018
The Interfaith Community of Carson City will host the 10th annual interfaith potluck picnic and food drive from 4 to 6 p.m. Sept. 3 on the lawn of St. Peter's Episcopal Church.
All are invited to share food, conversation, music, and fun activities with community members of all faiths.
St. Peter's Episcopal Church once again has volunteered the use of its lawn area at the corner of Division and Telegraph streets.
Music and entertainment will be provided from several faith groups, adding to the diversity of the occasion.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a main dish, salad, side dish, or dessert to contribute to the potluck food banquet.
Cold water will be provided, however, you will need to bring your own container for the water, also a set of plates, eating utensils, and lawn chair.
Recommended Stories For You
Participating faith-based congregations include: Baha'I; Buddhist; Catholic; Episcopal; Hindu; Islam; Jewish; Latter-day Saints; Lutheran; Methodist; Nazarene; Presbyterian; Scientist; Sikh and Unity.
Nonperishable food donations will be collected to benefit the F.I.S.H. food pantry.
Trending In: Announcements
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe