Annual model train tour runs through Sunday in Carson City area
November 4, 2016
Once again the Northern Nevada Model Railroads tour is happening through Sunday. Layouts are open in Carson City, Gardnerville, Fernley, Reno, Sparks and Golden Valley.
There are a total of 25 railroads open and one manufacturer. Generally the Carson City, Gardnerville and Fernley areas are open Sundays. Reno and Sparks areas are open on Friday evenings and Saturday. Some are open all three days. Layout tour guides are available by contacting Jim Petro at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Jim at 775-544-5636 or John Currie at email@example.com or calling John at 775-224-9725.
The inspiration for the various model railroads are as varied as childhood experiences, particular real railroads that had an impact on the modeler. The train models also offer hobbyists the chance to operate a model railroad in the fashion of a real railroad operating system. Modelers create these small empires by building all the structures, installing the track work, installing and using sophisticated electronic controls, doing creative scenery with mountains, boulders, rocks, grass, shrubs, trees and more.
Trending In: Announcements
- Volunteers sought for Beautification Day in Dayton
- Carson City’s Early Spring Farmers Market continues Saturday
- Soroptimist to honor high school Girls of the Month and present Girl of the Year Scholarship
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks