Annual turkey drive underway in Carson City
November 3, 2016
The Salvation Army and KOH 780 Radio are rounding up turkeys to help provide a Thanksgiving meal to families in need.
All turkeys will be given out by the Salvation Army through its food band and other area food banks to needy families in the Carson City, Douglas County, Dayton, Washoe Valley and Lake Tahoe area.
Frozen turkeys can be dropped from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily at Max Casino, 900 S. Carson St., Carson City and C.O.D. Casino, 1593 Esmeralda Ave., Minden.
For more information, call 775-887-9120.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Evergreen Gene’s in Carson City hosting final Memorial Day barbecue
- Succulent gardens, flower photography topic of free classes at Greenhouse Garden Center
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects