Annual turkey drive underway in Carson City
November 3, 2016
The Salvation Army and KOH 780 Radio are rounding up turkeys to help provide a Thanksgiving meal to families in need.
All turkeys will be given out by the Salvation Army through its food band and other area food banks to needy families in the Carson City, Douglas County, Dayton, Washoe Valley and Lake Tahoe area.
Frozen turkeys can be dropped from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily at Max Casino, 900 S. Carson St., Carson City and C.O.D. Casino, 1593 Esmeralda Ave., Minden.
For more information, call 775-887-9120.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget