Auditions set to fill roles in Carson City musical version of ‘Junie B. Jones’
December 14, 2017
Wild Horse Children's Theater looking for actors, singers and dancers ranging in age from 5 to 18 for its spring production of "Junie B. Jones Jr.: The Musical."
Auditions are planned from 4 to 7 p.m. Jan. 11 and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 13 at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St.
The production is an adaptation of four of Barbara Park's best-selling "Junie B. Jones" books, brought to life in a musical created for Broadway Junior performers.
Characters include first grader Junie B. Jones, her best friend Lucille, the new kid Herb, as well as Mr. Scary and the friendly cafeteria woman.
The show's producers are looking for a diverse cast of children and teens. Although the main characters are in first grade, older actors will be playing the majority of the roles and will be required to have strong singing, acting and dancing skills.
Recommended Stories For You
Callbacks will be at 2 p.m. Jan. 13. Rehearsals will be from 4:15 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays starting Jan. 17. Performances are planned on weekends April 20-29.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’