Audrey and Sidney Nuckles of Carson City celebrate 60th anniversary
April 1, 2017
Sixty years of marriage were celebrated by Audrey Joan and Sidney Joseph Nuckles, a Carson City couple who wed March 29, 1957, in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.
Both Audrey and Sidney moved from New York in 1956 but didn't meet until a mutual friend introduced them in Southern California.
Sidney, after a five-year stint in the Navy, enrolled in the Los Angeles Police Academy and retired after 33 years as a sergeant and homicide detective.
Audrey, a mother and homemaker, also worked as a bookkeeper and for the Department of Motor Vehicles.
The pair moved to Nevada in 1993.
The Nuckles are the parents of Robert of Carson City and Joanne, who lives in Orange County, Calif., with her husband Kevin McCurdy.
Recommended Stories For You
Family and friends gathered at Glen Eagles on Thursday to celebrate the milestone, though Audrey was unable to attend after being hospitalized two days before the party.
The family thanks Glen Eagles, whose staff visited the hospital during the party so Audrey could attend via Skype.
Trending In: Announcements
- Open house planned at historic Wungnema building in Carson City
- Chance to meet soccer professionals offered at Carson City event
- Dayton Valley Branch Library hosting children’s event, author book signing
- Magisters of Magic: Youth magic duo debuting show in Reno
- Carson City broadcast of Handel’s Messiah to celebrate Easter season
- 9 ways you know you’re a Fallon local
- Rocky Boice Jr faces life if convicted of kidnap and assault
- Nevada Public Employees Benefits Program approves pilot Medicare plan with St. Mary’s in Reno
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School