Basic dog obedience program to start Aug. 1 in Carson City
July 24, 2017
Carson City Recreation's Basic Dog Obedience program, instructed by Guy Yeaman, will begin Aug. 1 and run through Sept. 5.
With more than 45 years of experience, Yeaman helps owners teach their dogs basic obedience commands. Individual behavior problems will be addressed during the course of the class.
Each dog needs a training collar (choke chain, Halti, Martingale, harness, etc.) and a leash four to six feet in length.
Dogs must be current on all shots through rabies, and written record must be shown at the first class.
Class will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Fuji Park, across from Costco. Register with Carson Recreation at http://www.carson.org/ccpr or 775-283-7422. For information, call Yeaman at 775-265-4530.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City man offering abundance of free quilting, sewing books
- Olympian David Wise, of Reno, writes children’s book
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday
- Nonprofit Family Support Council of Douglas County in need of volunteers
- Family of Cathy Atchian, Shane Quilling to benefit from fundraiser in Carson City
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident