Basic dog obedience program to start March 6 in Carson City
February 28, 2018
Carson City Recreation's basic dog obedience program, instructed by Guy Yeaman, begins Tuesday, March 6, and runs through April 10.
Yeaman said he uses his more than 45 years of experience to help pet owners teach their dogs to obey basic obedience commands.
Individual behavior problems also will be addressed during the course of the class.
Each dog needs a training collar (choke chain, Halti, martingale, harness, etc.) and a leash 4-6 feet in length.
Dogs must be current on all shots through rabies, and written record must be shown at the first class.
Class will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Fuji Park, across from Costco. The cost is $80 for the six-week program.
Recommended Stories For You
Register with Carson City Recreation at 775-283-7422 or http://www.carson.org/ccpr. For information, call Yeaman at 775-265-4530.
Trending In: Announcements
- Mylo McCormick Project in concert at Dangberg Historic Park in Minden
- Nevada Conservation League kicking off public lands photo contest
- RSVP in Carson City holding quarterly training for volunteers, field representatives
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Darrell Moody: NIAA gets Wooden Nickel for treatment of Dayton
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Dam at Little Washoe Lake could breach
- High salaries at Nevada boards criticized in audit