Billie and Kenneth Luther of Dayton celebrate 60th anniversary
December 18, 2016
Billie Jenera and Kenneth E. Luther Sr., 14-year residents of Dayton, are celebrating their 60th anniversary on Dec. 27.
The Luthers met on a blind date when Billie was just 16 and Ken 19. Before the pair could marry, Billie's mother had to sign a notarized affidavit. When Billie was missing a witness at the wedding, the couple had to make several more trips between Las Vegas and Long Beach, Calif. They were finally married on Dec. 27, 1956 in Las Vegas.
Kenneth retired from E.F. Brady, a lathing company in Castroville, Calif. Billie is retired from working retail at Longs Drug Stores.
The couple has four children — Carrie of Watsonville, Calif.; Kelly of Woodland, Calif.; Ken Jr. of San Francisco, Calif.; and Tracie of Watsonville, Calif. — as well as nine grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
The Luthers will be celebrating their anniversary with family.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget