Carson City beauty school holding open house April 5
April 4, 2017
Sierra Academy of Style is scheduled to open in May on the corner of Roop Street and Fairview Drive in the same building that once housed Carson City Beauty Academy.
The cosmetology school, owned and operated by husband-and-wife team Anthony and Brandy Gayner, is holding an open house from 10 a.m. to noon and 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The school will offer four tracks: a full 1,600 hour, or 11.5 month, cosmetology course that teaches hair, nails and skincare, as well as three shorter programs specifically for aestheticians, nail technicians and hair design.
Erica Hufford and Shelby Kuhn, instructors at the former school, will teach and the school will operate 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
Once the first students have enough hours under their belt, Sierra Academy will open to the public for discount haircuts, manicures and other services.
The school is at 1851 Roop St. and the phone number is 775-885-7417.
Trending In: Announcements
- Open house planned at historic Wungnema building in Carson City
- Chance to meet soccer professionals offered at Carson City event
- Dayton Valley Branch Library hosting children’s event, author book signing
- Magisters of Magic: Youth magic duo debuting show in Reno
- Carson City broadcast of Handel’s Messiah to celebrate Easter season
- 9 ways you know you’re a Fallon local
- Rocky Boice Jr faces life if convicted of kidnap and assault
- Nevada Public Employees Benefits Program approves pilot Medicare plan with St. Mary’s in Reno
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School