Carson City Elks holding annual Hoop Shoot Jan. 7
November 25, 2016
Kids ages 8-13 are called to participate in Carson City Elks Lodge's free Hoop Shoot on Jan. 7 at the Multi-purpose Athletic Center, 1860 Russell Way.
The contest offers 25 free throws per student. The winners advance to the district event in Reno, followed by the state event in Hawthorne; then regionals in Las Vegas and nationals in Chicago, Ill., where the winner will be awarded a $25,000 scholarship.
Registration is from 9 to 9:20, with the contest starting at 9:30 a.m.
Participants must be of age before April 1, 2017 to qualify. Tennis shoes are mandatory.
For more information, call the Elks Lodge at 775-882-2177, or go to http://www.elks.org/hoopshoot.cfm.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget