Carson City Elks holding annual Hoop Shoot Jan. 7
November 25, 2016
Kids ages 8-13 are called to participate in Carson City Elks Lodge's free Hoop Shoot on Jan. 7 at the Multi-purpose Athletic Center, 1860 Russell Way.
The contest offers 25 free throws per student. The winners advance to the district event in Reno, followed by the state event in Hawthorne; then regionals in Las Vegas and nationals in Chicago, Ill., where the winner will be awarded a $25,000 scholarship.
Registration is from 9 to 9:20, with the contest starting at 9:30 a.m.
Participants must be of age before April 1, 2017 to qualify. Tennis shoes are mandatory.
For more information, call the Elks Lodge at 775-882-2177, or go to http://www.elks.org/hoopshoot.cfm.
Trending In: Announcements
- Audrey and Sidney Nuckles of Carson City celebrate 60th anniversary
- Carson City Democrats holding mid-term caucus Feb. 24
- Carson City Tears and Rainbows grief support group meetings planned
- Chili’s hosting Daddy-Daughter Night Out on Feb. 6
- Fresh Tracks 5K Snowshoe Walk and Race planned in South Lake Tahoe