Carson City Elks hosting annual Hoop Shoot Jan. 6
December 5, 2017
Kids ages 8-13 are called to participate in Carson City Elks Lodge's Hoop Shoot on Jan. 6 at the Multi-purpose Athletic Center, 1860 Russell Way.
The contest offers 25 free throws per student. The winners advance to the district event in Reno, followed by the state event in Hawthorne, then regionals in Las Vegas and nationals in Chicago, Ill., where the winner will be awarded a $25,000 scholarship.
Registration is from 9 to 9:20, with the contest starting at 9:30 a.m. Tennis shoes are mandatory.
For information, call the Elks Lodge at 775-882-2177, or go to http://www.elks.org/hoopshoot.cfm.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection