Carson City Mile High Jazz Band presenting big band music, cake Tuesday
April 10, 2017
For 16 years, Mile High Jazz Band has been playing at Carson City's Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., on the second Tuesday of every month.
Come celebrate this milestone on Tuesday, April 11, and hear big-band music with vocalist Cindee LeVal and enjoy anniversary cake at intermission. General admission is $5 at the door, and it's free for age 18 and under.
The Mile High Jazz Band includes trumpets, trombones, saxophones, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, and singers. They will play about twenty tunes from their ever-expanding repertoire of selections in the style of Basie, Ellington, and more contemporary composers and arrangers.
The performance is supported, in part, with public funding through the Nevada Arts Council, a state agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.
For information about the Mile High Jazz Band, call 775-883-4154, or go to MileHighJazz.com. For information about other live music at Comma Coffee, call June Joplin at 775-883-2662.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City Democratic Men’s Committee to meet April 2
- Family of Cathy Atchian, Shane Quilling to benefit from fundraiser in Carson City
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Carson City’s Matt Williams making return to Bay Area
- Rally Pack: Nevada Wolf Pack storms back to upset Cincinnati
- Nevada Wolf Pack Notes: Cody Martin more than an afterthought
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told