Carson City Senior Service Network needs help with inaugural Festival of Trees
November 3, 2015
The Senior Service Network, a nonprofit that helps seniors pay for emergency expenses, is hosting its inaugural Festival of Trees, an event in which trees and wreaths, complete with decorations, will be available for sale.
Event organizers are asking local businesses to purchase and decorate trees that will be offered in the sale. Trees can be up to 6-feet in height. Businesses can also contribute wreaths, swags or centerpieces.
Items can be dropped on the week of Nov. 16-20 at Carson Plaza, 2120 E. Long St. in Carson City, where trees and wreaths can be decorated on the spot. Only artificial trees, wreaths, swags and centerpieces will be accepted.
Businesses are asked to put a starting price on the trees, which will be sold by silent auction. They will also put a "take-home" price that, if met, would allow the individual to buy the tree immediately and not wait for the silent auction to end.
The sale will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 21 at Carson Plaza. Businesses interested in helping are asked to contact Tamsen Meierdierck at 775-883-1221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County Public Library’s summer reading program to start June 11
- Evergreen Gene’s in Carson City hosting final Memorial Day barbecue