Carson City Supervisor Karen Abowd hosting walkabout meeting Nov. 18
November 14, 2016
Carson City Supervisor Ward 1, Karen Abowd, invites the community to attend her monthly Walkabout, Friday, Nov. 18 at Mills Park.
She encourages folks to bring any ideas, topics and concerns to the table and would like to also discuss the Vintage project.
"This is a proposed gated, higher-end, 55 years and older senior community that allows folks to age in place going from owning their own homes in this development to living in zero lot line cottages to living in congregate care," she said. "The vision for the care is the Eskaton model.
"As Carson City's population ages and as we have older folks moving in to our area, this affords them and us a way to keep people in their community in a way that is consistently manageable for them over time."
To participate, meet at noon on the steps of Carson City Community Center, and take a sack lunch if you desire.
Trending In: Announcements
- Volunteers sought for Beautification Day in Dayton
- Carson City’s Early Spring Farmers Market continues Saturday
- Soroptimist to honor high school Girls of the Month and present Girl of the Year Scholarship
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks