Carson Fly Fishing Club teaching basics in free academy
April 16, 2015
The Carson Fly Fishing Club is holding its 15th annual Introductory Fly Fishing Academy, in which the basic techniques of fly fishing will be covered at no cost to attendees, at 7 p.m. May 5, 6, and 8 in the Ormsby Room of the Carson City Sheriff's Office, 911 E. Musser St.
The course will cover equipment, casting, entomology, flies, and knots and leaders. The casting portion will be at 6:30 p.m. May 7 at Baily Pond.
Class size is limited. For more information or to sign up, call Stan Zuber at 775-671-2151.
Trending In: Announcements
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Succulent gardens, flower photography topic of free classes at Greenhouse Garden Center
- Douglas County Public Library’s summer reading program to start June 11