CASA of Carson City hosting training for volunteers
April 10, 2017
Court Appointed Special Advocates of Carson City will begin new training for volunteers from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the CASA office in the Family Court Complex, 1539 E. Fifth St.
To access the office, drive to the back of the parking lot where a large CASA sign will be on the door.
CASA volunteers are appointed by the Carson City Juvenile Court to serve as guardian ad litem for a case of abused or neglected children in a child welfare court case.
Being a CASA volunteer requires patience, caring, research, writing, speaking and follow-through. A background check, references, application, interview and 30 hours of training are required.
For information, go to http://www.casaofcc.org, or call 775-882-6776.
The training on April 13 will be the first of 10 weekly three-hour classes, the remainder of which will be scheduled at this first class. Anyone is welcome to attend the first class to learn more.
Trending In: Announcements
- CASA of Carson City recruiting volunteers to serve abused children
- Baby-sitting certification course offered in Carson City over spring break
- Carson City Democrats holding mid-term caucus Feb. 24
- Murder mystery dinner show returning to Carson City
- Volunteers offering free tax preparation help in Carson City