Commodity food distribution is Nov. 18 in Carson City
November 10, 2016
Friends In Service Helping, or FISH, is distributing free USDA Commodity Foods to Carson City families 9-11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 18 at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. No one will be admitted before 9 a.m.
Families must sign an issuance sheet at the Community Center certifying their household's annual income doesn't exceed federal poverty guidelines — which are monthly gross income of $1,485 for a single and $2,002.50 for a couple. For each additional member, add $517.50. Anyone declaring overly large families will be asked for proof of family members.
Proof of Carson City residency and a photo identification or driver's license is required. Food may be picked up for those unable to attend by bringing a signed note from them and their photo identification.
This month's foods include: grape juice, lentils, ham, pumpkin, cream of mushroom soup, dates, apples, pears, potatoes and eggs.
For more information, call the State of Nevada Department of Agriculture at 775-353-3601, or FISH at 775-882-3474.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget