Community Roots and Shoots garden center in Dayton holding holiday open house
December 5, 2017
Community Roots and Shoots, a garden center under the nonprofit Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties, has expanded to offer gifts, floral arrangements, and holiday centerpieces from its Dayton location, 209 Dayton Valley Road.
Proceeds from the garden center help support community and school gardens, teen job skills programs and more.
To celebrate its expanded services and showcase its new merchandise, the center is hosting a holiday open house with cookies and hot cocoa from 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7.
Those who attend can see arrangements by floral designer Lynnette Edmondson, who brings more than a decade of experience. Edmondson is a formal floral manager for Albertson's/Save Mart, and as the owner of her floral business Victorian Petals.
Custom holiday centerpieces and floral arrangements are created by Edmondson from noon to 6 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdays.
Anyone who stops by the center before Dec. 20 can fill out an entry to win a free holiday centerpiece.
Recommended Stories For You
For information about Healthy Communities, go to healthycomm.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Annual Candy Cane Express holiday trains to run out of Virginia City
- Carson City commodity food distribution planned for Nov. 17
- Carson City Salvation Army offering holiday food baskets to needy families