CW Bayer to bring strychnine banjo to life in Carson City
April 9, 2018
One-time Carson City resident Mark Twain once described genuine music as the kind that will "suffuse your system like strychnine whisky." To experience it, Twain's advice was to "just smash your piano and invoke the glory-beaming banjo!"
At 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 14, you can share in Twain's appreciation for genuine music by joining musician, author, performer and present-day Carson City resident C.W. Bayer as he takes the A to Zen back to the Days of Forty-Nine through a combination of storytelling, imagery, and the music of an authentic, 19th century strychnine banjo.
Admission is $5. The A to Zen is at 1803 N. Carson St., near Grocery Outlet. For information, go to nevadamusic.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- First-strike ceremony set for Sagebrush commemorative medallion
- Thomas the Tank Engine making annual trip to Virginia City
- Tractor Supply in Carson City hosting fall farmers market
- Public comment sought on Costco air quality operating permit
- Discussion in Carson City to cover new trends in Alzheimer’s, dementia care
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan