Discover Nevada State Parks Day is June 9; free admission offered at all state parks
June 1, 2018
Nevada residents and visitors are invited to "Discover Nevada State Parks" on Saturday, June 9. Park visitors will receive free day-use admission and free fishing (no license required) at all of Nevada's State Parks.
This statewide event encourages Nevadans to discover the many exciting and affordable recreation opportunities right in their own backyards.
"Nevada's state parks offer a great diversity of outdoor opportunities," said State Parks Administrator Eric Johnson. "For example, visitors can explore the slot canyons of Cathedral Gorge, tour a genuine ghost town at Berlin-Ichthyosaur or spend a relaxing afternoon fishing at Wild Horse."
Discover Nevada State Parks Day is also an opportunity for visitors to take the passport challenge and add a stamp to their passport booklet, or if they don't have one yet, to pick one up while visiting any state park.
Once visitors have their passports stamped at 15 different parks, they earn a free annual day-use pass to all Nevada State Parks.
For information about the Nevada State Parks Passport Booklet or to find a list of state parks, visit parks.nv.gov.
Trending In: Announcements
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Annual Candy Cane Express holiday trains to run out of Virginia City
- Salvation Army in Carson City to hold free estate planning seminar
- Carson City commodity food distribution planned for Nov. 17