Entry deadlines approaching for Carson City Fair’s youth events
July 5, 2017
The Carson City Fair is approaching, as are the deadlines to sign up for its youth events.
The youth livestock entry deadlines are being extended to Friday. This applies to all 4-H, FFA, Grange, and Independent youth exhibiting livestock at the fair. Entries and payment can be mailed to Carson City Cooperative Extension, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 15, Carson City, 89706.
Youth dog show entries, including 4-H, FFA, Grange, and/or Independent youth, are due July 14. These entries and checks need to be mailed to Annamarie Thompson, PO Box 2795, Carson City, 89701.
There is no pre-entry required for the static show, open to any youth or adult interested in exhibiting an item at the fair. Exhibit entry will be from 4 to 6 p.m. July 24 at the Exhibit Building on the Fuji Fairgrounds, 601 Old Clear Creek Road. Cash and checks are accepted.
The fair runs July 24-31 at Fuji Park. Rules, entry fees, and information about each event is at http://carsoncitynvfair.visitcarsoncity.com/fair-book-entry-forms/, along with the youth livestock and dog show entry forms.
The Cooperative Extension office can be reached at 775-887-2252.
Trending In: Announcements
- Carson City man offering abundance of free quilting, sewing books
- Carson City yoga celebrating new location with open house on Saturday
- Olympian David Wise, of Reno, writes children’s book
- Nonprofit Family Support Council of Douglas County in need of volunteers
- Carson City Kiwanis holding annual spaghetti feed fundraiser for senior meals program
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident
- Vegas to Reno freeway will bypass Douglas County