Find Your Trail: Event to celebrate 50th anniversary of National Trails System
September 11, 2018
See the Pony Express in action at Fort Churchill State Historic Park in honor of the 50th anniversary of the National Trails System Act.
Oct. 2 marks the 50th anniversary of the National Trails System Act and the Wild and Scenic River Act. The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City District, the National Pony Express Association, and Nevada State Parks are hosting an educational event at Fort Churchill State Historic Park commemorating the Pony Express National Historic Trail.
The event will feature a meet-and-greet with local riders and horses who participate in the annual Pony Express Re-Ride, a mochila exchange, Chautauqua presentations, live music, and other family-friendly activities.
It will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 2 at Fort Churchill State Historic Park, located eight miles south of the Highway 95A/Highway 50 intersection on Highway 95A at 10000 Highway 95A, Silver Springs.
Park entrance fees will be waived for the event.
For information, contact Kristin Sanderson, 775-577-4880, email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Nevada’s newest state park opens near Yerington
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir