Flu vaccination clinics planned at Carson City schools
September 28, 2017
A team of licensed nurses from Health and Human Services will be at Carson City schools in October to administer the flu vaccine to students.
The vaccine, only available as injection, protects against four flu viruses.
Parents or guardians must complete and sign the yellow consent form that's available on the district's website and send it to the child's school/teacher at least a week before the clinic date.
The Influenza Vaccine Information Statement and other information are at GetHealthyCarsonCity.org/immunizations.
The vaccination schedule is as follows: Oct. 3 and 4 at Carson High School; Oct. 5 at Fremont Elementary; Oct. 6 at Pioneer High, Empire Elementary and Carson Montessori; Oct. 19 at Fritsch Elementary and Bordewich Bray Elementary; Oct. 20 at Mark Twain Elementary and Seeliger Elementary; Oct. 24 at Eagle Valley Middle; Oct. 25 at Carson Middle and Oct. 26 at Bordewich Bray Elementary (Early Childhood).
For information, go to http://www.carsoncityschools.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=801611&pageId=9130835.
Trending In: Announcements
- Open house planned at historic Wungnema building in Carson City
- Chance to meet soccer professionals offered at Carson City event
- Dayton Valley Branch Library hosting children’s event, author book signing
- Magisters of Magic: Youth magic duo debuting show in Reno
- Family movie to be screened at Douglas County Public Library in Minden
- 9 ways you know you’re a Fallon local
- Rocky Boice Jr faces life if convicted of kidnap and assault
- Nevada Public Employees Benefits Program approves pilot Medicare plan with St. Mary’s in Reno
- Carson City under flood advisory until 4 p.m. Thursday
- State Charter School Authority votes to shut down Argent Preparatory Academy formerly Silver State Charter School