Free cooking class and dinner set in Dayton
November 20, 2017
Pumpkin spice bars, cauliflower gold, crunch quinoa and apple salad are on the menu at a healthy cooking demonstration at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 20 at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St.
The demonstration, which will be followed by dinner, will feature dietitian Kim Mason and chef Cynthia Kroon.
The class is free, registration isn't required, and everyone is welcome.
The event will include information about metabolic syndrome, steps that can be taken to avoid it, and food therapy to treat it.
The free cooking demonstration is held on the third Monday of the month thanks to Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties. Menus incorporate USDA commodity food.
For information, call 775-246-7550, or go to healthycomm.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’