Free cooking class, dinner Nov. 21 in Dayton
November 8, 2016
Join dietitian Kim Mason and Dayton Food Pantry director Alie Trier for a free healthy cooking demonstration, followed by dinner, on Monday, Nov. 21 at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St.
The menu this month includes pumpkin soup, holiday stuffed peppers, and chocolate toasted peppered walnut bark. Participants also will learn about how to add more Vitamin C and B to meals, with tips about how to soak grains and blanch greens.
Cooking begins at 5:30 and participants will sit down together to eat at around 6:15 p.m.
Once a month, Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties hosts a free cooking demo and dinner. It's free, no need to register, and everyone is welcome.
For more information, call 775-246-7550.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Asian Chamber of Commerce endorses ‘No on 3’
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Marine Corps League Silver State Detachment 630 of Carson City hosting 34th annual Memorial Day ceremony