RSVP’s free course drumming up relief for Carson City caregivers
May 9, 2018
The Nevada Rural Counties Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is presenting the REST Companion training in Carson City, in partnership with Disabled American Veterans Carson City Chapter.
The training will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 5 at Veterans Hall, 100 W. Second St.
Anyone interested in meeting a crucial need by providing respite — or short-term temporary relief — for caregivers in their community can attend the upcoming REST (Respite Education & Support Tools) training course.
Those who complete the interactive training program become REST Companions who provide short breaks for caregivers who are caring for individuals with disability or healthcare needs.
The respite allows caregivers to step away to exercise, grocery shop, see a doctor, or attend a support group meeting.
Valued at $500, the course is being offered at no charge and includes lunch and materials. Continuing education units are available for nurses and social workers for a $15 processing fee.
Recommended Stories For You
For information and to register, contact RSVP Respite Coordinator Karen Caldwell-Weil at 775-687-4680, ext. 123 or email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Annual Candy Cane Express holiday trains to run out of Virginia City
- Basic dog obedience program to run for six weeks in Carson City
- Carson City Republican Women holding October luncheon