Free forum on sustainable communities set for Nov. 14 in Carson City
October 31, 2017
Living Sustainably, a free discussion about building a sustainable community, is set for Nov. 14 courtesy of Sierra Nevada Forums.
The forum will open with three talking points: community-wide recycling, energy efficiency and urban agriculture.
The event will feature Aster Girma, president of the Nevada Green Institute, Tom Polikalas, regional representative of Southwest Energy Efficiency; Jeanne Lear, human resource manager of South Lake Tahoe Refuse; Craig Frezette, owner and operator of City Green Gardens; and Nick Marano, Carson City manager.
The forum will be at 6 p.m. in the Brewery Arts Center's Performance Hall, 511 W. King St.
For information, call 775-690-3913, or go to http://www.sierranevadaforums.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- A. R. Gurney’s play ‘Love Letters’ to open in Carson City
- Carson City Tears and Rainbows grief support group meetings planned
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Audrey and Sidney Nuckles of Carson City celebrate 60th anniversary
- Carson City Democrats holding mid-term caucus Feb. 24