Free forum on sustainable communities set for Nov. 14 in Carson City
October 31, 2017
Living Sustainably, a free discussion about building a sustainable community, is set for Nov. 14 courtesy of Sierra Nevada Forums.
The forum will open with three talking points: community-wide recycling, energy efficiency and urban agriculture.
The event will feature Aster Girma, president of the Nevada Green Institute, Tom Polikalas, regional representative of Southwest Energy Efficiency; Jeanne Lear, human resource manager of South Lake Tahoe Refuse; Craig Frezette, owner and operator of City Green Gardens; and Nick Marano, Carson City manager.
The forum will be at 6 p.m. in the Brewery Arts Center's Performance Hall, 511 W. King St.
For information, call 775-690-3913, or go to http://www.sierranevadaforums.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’