Free lunch for kids offered during summer break at two Carson City locations
June 15, 2018
All children ages 2-18 can partake in a free and nutritious lunch weekdays through Aug. 17 at two locations — Park Terrace Park, 1327 La Loma Drive, and The Bridge, 901 N. Stewart St.
Weather permitting, lunch is served from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. each day.
Children need not be enrolled in any program. The only requirement is meals can't be carried away; they must be eaten at the serving site.
Adults aren't eligible for the federally funded meals.
The program is sponsored by Food For Thought, http://www.nvfoodforthought.org, 775-885-7770.
Trending In: Announcements
- First-strike ceremony set for Sagebrush commemorative medallion
- Thomas the Tank Engine making annual trip to Virginia City
- Tractor Supply in Carson City hosting fall farmers market
- Public comment sought on Costco air quality operating permit
- Discussion in Carson City to cover new trends in Alzheimer’s, dementia care
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan