Free program in Carson City to aid military families facing mental health challenges
July 31, 2018
The National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI, is offering a free education program for family, friends and significant others of military service members and veterans with mental health conditions.
The program's focus is on the unique needs of military and veteran communities such as post-deployment and post-discharge transitions.
It's designed to help families understand and support their loved one while maintaining their own wellbeing.
The program's trained teachers are themselves family members who have experience with military culture and know what it's like to have a loved one living with mental illness.
NAMI Western Nevada will offer the program from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays from Aug. 11 to 25 at Partnership Carson City, 1925 N. Carson St. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
To register or for information, call Linda at 775-440-1626.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Carson City Tears and Rainbows grief support group meetings planned
- Carson City’s Beercade offering weekly line dancing lessons
- Heller and Ableser wed at Lake Tahoe
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band