Free program in Carson City to aid military families facing mental health challenges
July 31, 2018
The National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI, is offering a free education program for family, friends and significant others of military service members and veterans with mental health conditions.
The program's focus is on the unique needs of military and veteran communities such as post-deployment and post-discharge transitions.
It's designed to help families understand and support their loved one while maintaining their own wellbeing.
The program's trained teachers are themselves family members who have experience with military culture and know what it's like to have a loved one living with mental illness.
NAMI Western Nevada will offer the program from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays from Aug. 11 to 25 at Partnership Carson City, 1925 N. Carson St. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
To register or for information, call Linda at 775-440-1626.
Trending In: Announcements
- Emergency notification system available to Lyon County residents
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Annual Candy Cane Express holiday trains to run out of Virginia City
- Basic dog obedience program to run for six weeks in Carson City
- Carson City Republican Women holding October luncheon