Gardening club to honor former member at Arbor Day event in Carson City
April 17, 2015
The Desert Gardeners Garden Club will honor one of its deceased members, Nancy Lee Robertson, with a tree planting ceremony at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 25, at Long Ranch Park, where other Arbor Day activities will also be happening.
Nancy Lee Robertson, wife of former Carson City Mayor Jim Robertson, was a longtime member of the club. She passed away last year. City officials and representatives from the Carson City Parks and Recreation Department and Arbor Day Committee will be on hand at the ceremony.
The Desert Gardeners Garden Club was formed in 1952 to help beautify the Carson City community, study plant life, promote better gardens and share a common interest in the flora of the Carson City area.
The club is currently working on a bench donation for the Carson Tahoe Cancer Center; sponsorship of two hanging baskets in downtown Carson City; bulbs and plants for the Children's Secret Garden at the library and donation of trees to honor past members at Mankin and Long Ranch parks.
For more information, call Donna Moormann at 775-841-4683.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Asian Chamber of Commerce endorses ‘No on 3’
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects