Gold Hill Hotel hosting Jerry Aaron’s ‘Teamsters & Truckers’ lecture Dec. 3
November 27, 2015
Jerry Aaron will talk about Nevada's trucking history at the Gold Hill Lecture Series at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 3 at the Gold Hill Hotel, 1540 Main St., Gold Hill.
As a truck driver during the late 1960s and 1970s, Aaron traveled many miles throughout Nevada and other western states. His presentation, Teamsters & Trucking In Nevada, will cover harsh conditions mule skinners and early-day truckers faced as they traversed desolate and often harsh land.
Dinner is 4-8 p.m. at the hotel's Crown Point Restaurant. The lecture begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Great Room. The cost is $25 for the dinner and lecture and $10 for the lecture only. Reservations are required by calling 775-847-0111.
Other lectures include: Patty Cafferata's "History of how Nevada Celebrates Christmas" on Dec. 10; Kristin Hamlet's " How Brothels Work from an Insider — Then and Now" on Dec. 17; Steve Botts' "Life of Mark Twain" on Jan. 7; Tom Zachry's Western, folk and original songs on Jan. 14; and a presentation by Eileen Cohen whose topic is to be announced on Jan. 21.
Trending In: Announcements
- Volunteers sought for Beautification Day in Dayton
- Soroptimist to honor high school Girls of the Month and present Girl of the Year Scholarship
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Carson City’s Early Spring Farmers Market continues Saturday
- Kat Simmons to hold six-week comedy class in Minden