Greenhouse Garden Center in Carson City hosting free pruning clinic, spring gardening seminar
March 6, 2018
The Greenhouse Garden Center's annual pruning clinic on Saturday, March 10, is free to attend and starts at 10 a.m.
David Ruf, owner of the center, and Tom Henderson, owner of Healthy Trees, are hosting the event, which covers the A-Z's of pruning. The clinic includes demonstrations on pruning everything from a large tree limb to roses.
The clinic will be held outside, so warm clothing is recommended.
On Sunday, March 11, the center is hosting Let's Get a Jump on Spring, Ruf's seminar about preparing soil and yards for the imminent days of summer.
The indoor seminar will be at 11 a.m. Attendees can expect to learn how to have success with gardening later this spring, summer and fall. This class will be indoors.
For information, contact the center at 775-882-8600, or 2450 S. Curry St.
Trending In: Announcements
- Mylo McCormick Project in concert at Dangberg Historic Park in Minden
- Free lunch for kids offered during summer break at two Carson City locations
- Silver State Model T Ford Club to meet Tuesday in Carson City
- Three bands to play free concert Tuesday in McFadden Plaza
- 3rd & Curry St. Farmers Market open despite closures for Carson City Off-Road
- Historic Jack’s Bar in Carson City sells; Nevada Builders Alliance purchases landmark for $300,000
- Darrell Moody: NIAA gets Wooden Nickel for treatment of Dayton
- Wild fire burning in Pinon and Upper Colony area of Lyon County
- Powlison claims Carson City Off-Road 50-miler
- Carson City Off-Road Notebook: Mazza’s change in sports pays off