Greenhouse Garden Center in Carson City to host apple cider press
September 28, 2018
The Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. in Carson City, is hosting an old-fashioned apple cider press from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 13 and 14.
Bring your washed apples, quartered (core is OK but no worms) and a container with a lid for the juice.
Plan that 14-16 pounds, or 36 apples, will make about one gallon of cider.
The cost is $2 for press time plus $2 for each gallon of cider.
For information, call Greenhouse Garden Center at 775-882-8600.
Trending In: Announcements
- Pirates, Pins and Pints: Bowling fundraiser to benefit area seniors
- Parkinson’s disease support group to meet monthly in Carson City
- Hands-Only CPR Tour to stop in Carson City
- Holiday wreath decorating workshop planned in Carson City
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction