Haircuts for Heroes Nov. 11 in Carson City to help Honor Flight Nevada
November 8, 2016
Haircuts are being offered on Friday to help local veterans make it to Washington, D.C., to see the many monuments paying tribute to American veterans.
Haircuts for Heroes is being held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Veteran's Day, Nov. 11, at Capitol Barber Shop, 256 W. Winnie Lane.
Jeff Nichols, Cliff Hoggatt and Quinten Rivers will provide all barber services for donations to Honor Flight Nevada. Honor Flight volunteers will be on hand with applications for veterans, guardians and volunteers for upcoming trips.
All proceeds raised during the fundraiser will go to the nonprofit that flies veterans from the Carson City area to the nation's capital several times a year.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- American Dream Gun Show coming to Carson City
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction