Haircuts for Heroes Nov. 11 in Carson City to help Honor Flight Nevada
November 8, 2016
Haircuts are being offered on Friday to help local veterans make it to Washington, D.C., to see the many monuments paying tribute to American veterans.
Haircuts for Heroes is being held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Veteran's Day, Nov. 11, at Capitol Barber Shop, 256 W. Winnie Lane.
Jeff Nichols, Cliff Hoggatt and Quinten Rivers will provide all barber services for donations to Honor Flight Nevada. Honor Flight volunteers will be on hand with applications for veterans, guardians and volunteers for upcoming trips.
All proceeds raised during the fundraiser will go to the nonprofit that flies veterans from the Carson City area to the nation's capital several times a year.
Trending In: Announcements
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Succulent gardens, flower photography topic of free classes at Greenhouse Garden Center
- Kat Simmons to hold six-week comedy class in Minden