Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties to meet Nov. 10
November 8, 2016
The public is invited to the November breakfast meeting of the Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties (HCC) at the Silver Springs Community Center at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10.
The meeting will include discussion of the upcoming Legislative Session in Nevada and issues that may impact Lyon and Storey region communities; strategies to expand access to affordable dental and medical care and good nutrition; and holiday season opportunities to share good fortune with neighbors.
There will also be updates on good news, such as Edible Reno Tahoe magazine's cover and feature on Wendy Madson of HCC; Kathy McIntosh's Points of Light Award for her work engaging volunteers with HCC's Silver Stage Food Pantry; school salad bars throughout Lyon School District; the new Silver Springs Arts Hub; 10 new AmeriCorps members serving the Yerington, Fernley, Dayton and Silver Springs areas; the upcoming Turkey Trot 5K scholarship fundraiser in Fernley; the Behavioral Health Task Force in Lyon and its impact on jail diversion and re-integration into the community; the regional Health and Wellness Hub in Lyon and Storey; etc.
For more information, see the Coalition's website at healthycomm.org or call the office at 775-246-7550.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget