Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties to meet Nov. 10
November 8, 2016
The public is invited to the November breakfast meeting of the Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties (HCC) at the Silver Springs Community Center at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10.
The meeting will include discussion of the upcoming Legislative Session in Nevada and issues that may impact Lyon and Storey region communities; strategies to expand access to affordable dental and medical care and good nutrition; and holiday season opportunities to share good fortune with neighbors.
There will also be updates on good news, such as Edible Reno Tahoe magazine's cover and feature on Wendy Madson of HCC; Kathy McIntosh's Points of Light Award for her work engaging volunteers with HCC's Silver Stage Food Pantry; school salad bars throughout Lyon School District; the new Silver Springs Arts Hub; 10 new AmeriCorps members serving the Yerington, Fernley, Dayton and Silver Springs areas; the upcoming Turkey Trot 5K scholarship fundraiser in Fernley; the Behavioral Health Task Force in Lyon and its impact on jail diversion and re-integration into the community; the regional Health and Wellness Hub in Lyon and Storey; etc.
For more information, see the Coalition's website at healthycomm.org or call the office at 775-246-7550.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County Public Library’s summer reading program to start June 11
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office