Holiday craft making set at Nevada State Museum in Carson City
November 30, 2017
People of all ages are invited to a holiday craft event at the Nevada State Museum that will be both fun and educational.
"Family Fun Saturday: Holiday Crafts and Pines Are Fine" is scheduled for Dec. 9 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Participants will be able to create their own wreaths or pine needle angels to decorate their trees or packages for Christmas.
The program will also allow visitors to learn about conifers in Nevada, with a special emphasis on the Nevada state tree, the pinyon pine. Discover which animals eat pine nuts and how American Indians gather and process pine nuts; explore unique features of pines, fir and spruce trees in a lab setting.
No advanced registration is required. Museum admission is $8 for adults, free for museum members and children 17 and younger.
The Nevada State Museum is located at 600 N. Carson St., Carson City.
For information, contact Reece Wade at NSMEducation@nevadaculture.org or by calling 775-687-4810, ext. 237.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit