Holiday meals to be distributed Nov. 19 in Dayton
November 18, 2016
Healthy Communities Coalition's Dayton Food Pantry will distribute turkeys or chickens for those in need who have already signed up on Saturday, Nov. 19 at Sutro Elementary School in Dayton. The nonprofit thanks everyone who donated. Commodity food distribution takes place from noon to 3 p.m. on the third Saturday of the month at Sutro Elementary School. For more information, call 775-246-7834. The Pantry will be closed on Wednesday through Sunday. Normal hours resume on Monday, Nov. 28.
Additionally, Healthy Communities is sponsoring a free healthy cooking demonstration and dinner with dietitian Kim Mason and Dayton Food Pantry director Alie Trier at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. The menu includes pumpkin soup, holiday stuffed peppers, and chocolate toasted peppered walnut bark. Participants will learn about how to add more Vitamin C and B Vitamins to meals, with tips about how to soak grains and blanch greens. Cooking begins at 5:30 p.m. and participants will sit down together to eat at around 6:15 p.m. It's free, no need to register, and everyone is welcome. For more information, call 246-7550.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- American Dream Gun Show coming to Carson City
- Reunion planned for Carson High School class of 1998
- Silver Sierra Adventurers senior travel club to meet Tuesday at Carson City Nugget
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction