Inaugural Safety Day planned May 13 in Gardnerville
April 27, 2017
A collection of agencies with information about how to handle emergencies such as earthquake, flood and wildfire will be at Lampe Park in Gardnerville on May 13.
Douglas County Community Emergency Response Team's inaugural Safety Day will run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Agencies such as Care Flight, Southwest Gas, Nevada Energy, Bureau of Land Management, Tahoe Douglas FPD Bomb Squad, Douglas County Schools, Douglas County Sheriff's K-9 unit, and the US Forestry Service will be on hand.
Also included are games, prizes, balloons, free drawings and food sold by Sertoma.
The Nevada Division of Forestry will be giving away native plants.
For information, call Ronna, CERT coordinator, at 775-790-2019.
Trending In: Announcements
- CASA of Carson City recruiting volunteers to serve abused children
- Carson City Tears and Rainbows grief support group meetings planned
- Murder mystery dinner show returning to Carson City
- Telephone company retirees meet regularly in Carson City area
- Baby-sitting certification course offered in Carson City over spring break