Joyful Noise Children’s Choir to start rehearsals in Carson City
January 12, 2018
The Carson City Symphony Association said the Joyful Noise Children's Choir will begin spring semester rehearsals from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 22 .
The weekly sessions will be held through May at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St.
The choir, directed by Nancy Jones and accompanied by Liz Hastings, welcomes children ages 4 to 12. Rehearsals are designed to develop students' musical skills, strong singing voices, and joy in music as they prepare for a performance in May. Tuition for the semester is $60 per child, or $45 each for two or more in a family.
"This choir will give your child the opportunity to learn basic music concepts of rhythm, pitch, dynamics, expression, melody, and performance in cooperation with a small group. The choir will sing a variety of tunes — hymns and folk songs and silly, playful pieces," Jones said.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County Public Library’s summer reading program to start June 11
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Cardoza pleads guilty to second-degree murder in 2013 Carson City case
- Chicago-flavor restaurant coming to Carson City
- NV Energy CEO criticizes Energy Choice amendment
- 2018 Primary Election guide: Justice of the Supreme Court, Seat C
- Arrest for using cell phone while driving, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office