Lecture at Western Nevada College to focus on history of astronomy
November 10, 2017
Gain a better understanding of the universe you live in by attending a free lecture by Mike Thomas on Saturday, Nov. 11, in Western Nevada College's Jack C. Davis Observatory.
Thomas' presentation on the "History of Astronomy" begins at 6:30 p.m. His lecture will focus on the people and events that put us on the path toward understanding the universe.
On Saturday nights when lectures aren't scheduled, the observatory is open to the public from sundown to 11 p.m. At this time, the Western Nevada Astronomical Society hosts Star Parties, bringing together people with an interest in astronomy.
The lectures and Star Parties are free and open to the public.
The observatory is located at 2699 Van Patten Drive in Carson City.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Basic dog obedience program to run for six weeks in Carson City
- Nevada Neurology and Vascular Center opens in Carson City
- Open house to celebrate new location for Carson City Republican Party Headquarters
- Carson City Tears and Rainbows grief support group meetings planned
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Battle Born Memorial damaged by teens on bikes, scooters
- Felony drug arrest at hardware store, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Supervisors reinstate traffic enforcement program
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests