Lecture at Western Nevada College to focus on history of astronomy
November 10, 2017
Gain a better understanding of the universe you live in by attending a free lecture by Mike Thomas on Saturday, Nov. 11, in Western Nevada College's Jack C. Davis Observatory.
Thomas' presentation on the "History of Astronomy" begins at 6:30 p.m. His lecture will focus on the people and events that put us on the path toward understanding the universe.
On Saturday nights when lectures aren't scheduled, the observatory is open to the public from sundown to 11 p.m. At this time, the Western Nevada Astronomical Society hosts Star Parties, bringing together people with an interest in astronomy.
The lectures and Star Parties are free and open to the public.
The observatory is located at 2699 Van Patten Drive in Carson City.
Trending In: Announcements
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit