Local heroes to be honored at annual ‘Unmasked’ gala in Minden
September 14, 2018
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Western Nevada will honor and entertain at its 4th annual Unmasked Gala at the Minden CVIC Hall on Oct. 4.
The event will honor local leaders Sheriff Kenny Furlong, Warden Isidro Baca, and mental health activist Sandie Draper.
The honorees are being recognized for bringing about positive change in the interface between the criminal justice system and individuals with mental illness.
The entertainment will be professional actress Mary Bennett performing a dramatic presentation of Nellie Bly, pioneering female journalist who did investigative reporting on insane asylums in the 1870s.
For tickets, go to http://www.namiwesternnevada.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Basic dog obedience program to run for six weeks in Carson City
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- First-strike ceremony set for Sagebrush commemorative medallion
- Thomas the Tank Engine making annual trip to Virginia City
- Marsy’s Law would be costly mistake for Nevada: ACLU