Lyon County libraries taking food in exchange for overdue fines
November 3, 2016
All branches of the Lyon County Library System are now excepting non-perishable food as a payment for overdue fines.
For every fine you owe, bring in one item of non-perishable food and the library will waive one Lyon County Library System fine.
This offer is good through December 31. The collected food will be distributed locally within Lyon County.
Non-perishable items include canned and dried vegetables, fruits, soups, meats, and stews, boxed and dried juices and milk; flavored, pre-packaged rice and noodles, cereals, pre-packaged hot beverage and seasoning mixes. Please, no jars.
This offer is not good for payment of lost or damaged items or for fines and fees associated with libraries outside of Lyon County Library System.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- Find Your Trail: Event to celebrate 50th anniversary of National Trails System
- Nugget in Carson City hosting St. Patrick’s Day celebration