Lyon County libraries taking food in exchange for overdue fines
November 3, 2016
All branches of the Lyon County Library System are now excepting non-perishable food as a payment for overdue fines.
For every fine you owe, bring in one item of non-perishable food and the library will waive one Lyon County Library System fine.
This offer is good through December 31. The collected food will be distributed locally within Lyon County.
Non-perishable items include canned and dried vegetables, fruits, soups, meats, and stews, boxed and dried juices and milk; flavored, pre-packaged rice and noodles, cereals, pre-packaged hot beverage and seasoning mixes. Please, no jars.
This offer is not good for payment of lost or damaged items or for fines and fees associated with libraries outside of Lyon County Library System.
Trending In: Announcements
- Volunteers sought for Beautification Day in Dayton
- Carson City’s Early Spring Farmers Market continues Saturday
- Soroptimist to honor high school Girls of the Month and present Girl of the Year Scholarship
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks