Members of the military to be honored at Armed Forces Day barbecue
May 1, 2018
A family barbecue is planned on Armed Forces Day, May 19, to honor the men and women who put their lives on the line to protect the country.
Hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage, salad, dessert, drinks and raffle prizes will be on hand from 1 to 4 p.m. at Summit Funding, 5931 S. Los Altos Parkway in Sparks.
The Honor Guard ceremony will begin at 2:30 p.m.
Trending In: Announcements
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan