Mile High Jazz Band to present ‘Changing Colors’ jazz and poetry event
September 10, 2018
The Mile High Jazz Band with vocalist Jakki Ford will be joined by seven poets and readers for "Changing Colors," a lively evening of big-band jazz and poetry.
The event will be on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 7:30-9:30 p.m., in the courtyard adjacent to Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. In case of rain, the event will be inside Comma Coffee.
Admission is $5 and free for ages 18 and under.
The poems, including some originals by the readers, will be read by Rita Geil, Ursula Carlson, Wayne Carlson, Krista Lukas, Susan Sara Priest, Timothy Rhodes, and Amy Roby.
Each reading will be followed by a big-band tune that relates to the poem.
This event is supported in part by public funding through grants from the Nevada Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts, and from Nevada Humanities and National Endowment for the Humanities.
Recommended Stories For You
For information, call the Mile High Jazz Band at 775-883-4154, or visit the website: MileHighJazz.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada Neurology and Vascular Center opens in Carson City
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Carson City Republican Women holding October luncheon
- Central Lyon County Fire District lifts burning restrictions
- Lyon County Republican Central Committee to meet in Silver Springs