Mile High Jazz Band to present ‘Springboards’ music and poetry in Carson City
March 8, 2018
The Mile High Jazz Band with vocalist June Joplin will be joined by several poets and readers on Tuesday, March 13, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. for an evening of big-band music and poetry on the theme "Springboards."
Each poem will be followed by a related big-band tune. The event will be at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., across from the state legislature building in Carson City.
Admission is $5 at the door and free for ages 18 and under.
The program will feature Rita Geil, Wayne Carlson, Ray Hadley, Krista Lukas, Susan Sara Priest, Timothy Rhodes, and Amy Roby reading their original poems and selected works by other published poets.
"Springboards" will include humorous and serious selections meant to entertain people of all ages.
Mile High Jazz Band performances are funded, in part, by a grant from the Nevada Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts, and by private donations.
Recommended Stories For You
For information, call 775-883-4154, or visit MileHighJazz.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Mylo McCormick Project in concert at Dangberg Historic Park in Minden
- Carson City students wins Patroller of the Year for AAA School Safety Patrol program
- Nevada Conservation League kicking off public lands photo contest
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Amid cheers, Fallon City Council bans recreational cannabis in 3-0 vote
- Grouchy’s barbershop serves more than 500 customers in first 2 months
- Man arrested on 11 counts of sexual assault, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Author from Carson City trailer park providing hope
- Man injured in Carson City rollover crash