Military achievements: Douglas grad completes basic training
November 16, 2014
Amy Cullen, a 2014 graduate of Douglas High School, graduated basic Army combat training on Oct. 9 at Fort Jackson, S.C., and is attending advanced individual training as a signals support systems specialist at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Upon graduation, Cullen, who graduated with top PT scores and sharpshooter recognition, will be stationed at Fort Carson, Colo.
Carson grad graduates training
Air Force Reserve Airman Joshua W. Vansickle, a 2011 graduate of Carson High School, graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in San Antonio, Texas.
Vansickle, the son of Wayne H. and Joan D. Vansickle of Carson City, completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Eugene Hoover, candidate for lieutenant governor, holding meet and greet in Carson City