Military achievements: Douglas grad completes basic training
November 16, 2014
Amy Cullen, a 2014 graduate of Douglas High School, graduated basic Army combat training on Oct. 9 at Fort Jackson, S.C., and is attending advanced individual training as a signals support systems specialist at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Upon graduation, Cullen, who graduated with top PT scores and sharpshooter recognition, will be stationed at Fort Carson, Colo.
Carson grad graduates training
Air Force Reserve Airman Joshua W. Vansickle, a 2011 graduate of Carson High School, graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in San Antonio, Texas.
Vansickle, the son of Wayne H. and Joan D. Vansickle of Carson City, completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force core values, physical fitness, and basic warfare principles and skills.
Airmen who complete basic training earn four credits toward an associate in applied science degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Trending In: Announcements
- State briefly: Seniors again be eligible for property tax breaks
- Free program spays and neuters feral cats in Carson City, Washoe County
- NV Energy offering $50 to recycle old refrigerators
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings held in region to boost those battling alcohol addiction
- American Dream Gun Show coming to Carson City