Minden Soaring Club offering scholarships to gliders
April 16, 2015
The Minden Soaring Club is offering scholarships to encourage youths between 14 and 21 to learn to fly.
The club this year is offering six $1,000 scholarships to those interested in learning to fly gliders — both novices and those who have already begun training.
The deadline for applications is April 12. Winners will be announced May 1.
Under the law, pilots can solo in a glider at age 14 and obtain their private pilot glider rating at 16.
Trending In: Announcements
- 2018 GE Family Concert Series kicking off in Minden with Journey tribute band
- Supreme Court candidate Leon Aberasturi to be Dems luncheon speaker
- Asian Chamber of Commerce endorses ‘No on 3’
- Douglas County candidates to be feature in forum May 3
- Ag Innovation Forum in Minden to cover weeds, critters and insects